Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

F41 rack in place of FE2 rack. Can it be done?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F41 rack in place of FE2 rack. Can it be done?

It's time for a rack in my 1998 Z28. My question is can I put the F41 rack (i'm assuming this is the SS rack not to mention it's $100 cheaper) in my FE2's place? I currently have a strano suspension package consisting of koni shocks and springs. Does anyone know if it is possible? I know that the racks ARE different on a few specs such as total length and Input shaft diameter etc. Also does anyone know if the F41 rack has a faster turn rate than the others.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

I don't know the differences between the F41 and FE2, but I recommend you research it thoroughly. I had to replace the rack on my Z-28 and got a replacement through AC Delco and where the steering shaft mounted to the rack did not quite line up. The angle was off a couple off degrees, I had to compare the two racks next to each other to tell the difference. I took it back and they got me the right one, said there were two options and they goofed up. So I think there might be a difference between the two racks you mention.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

Im thinking of just going back FE2 just to stay simple. I know they do have different dimensions

Quick Reply: F41 rack in place of FE2 rack. Can it be done?