Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Mileage Limit on Eibach Pro Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mileage Limit on Eibach Pro Kit?

Do ya'll recommend a certain mileage point to replace an Eibach Pro Kit?I'm about to replace the shocks and maybe I need to do the springs as well.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Put them on in '05, I've got 100k miles on my Pro Kit and I think they're worn out, lol.

That's why I've got a set of Strano's on the way.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

do they have signs of not working properly? unless there is a legit reason i dont see why you would have to replace them.. factory springs stay on cars usually for a lifetime..
Old 09-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Launching!

All I can tell you is that I had that spring kit on my WS6 for about 5 years.
After the 3rd year, I noticed my right rear sag sat 1/2 inch lower than the other side.
I did some research and found out that this company's springs are notorious for sacking after a few years.
I pulled em saw 1st hand.
Progressive rate springs do not work well on cars.
Stay with constant rate jobs.
I replaced mine with a German manufacture that the name escapes me at this moment.
They are powder coated white if that helps.
To date, they have not sacked at all.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

+1 on the right side sitting lower than the left, in the back... I can currently get maybe 4 fingers b/t the top of the tires & the wheel well on the left side... 1-2 fingers on the right.

I'm replacing shocks and springs.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DANSBIRD
Put them on in '05, I've got 100k miles on my Pro Kit and I think they're worn out, lol.

That's why I've got a set of Strano's on the way.
Yeh, mine have been on for around 100K and atleast five years. I'm about to replace the shocks with Bilstien HD's and been trying to decide between Strano springs and BMRs but I'm leaning toward the Strano.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my pro kit for a while, im really not sure of how long. they were on the car when I got it, and I put around 20k on them, maybe more. When I removed them I measured the fronts and rears, both fronts were the same and both rears were the same... they just hit the bump stops too often for me. Maybe the springs got "softer", but once removed they measured the same..
Old 09-05-2011, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bill12690
I had my pro kit for a while, im really not sure of how long. they were on the car when I got it, and I put around 20k on them, maybe more. When I removed them I measured the fronts and rears, both fronts were the same and both rears were the same... they just hit the bump stops too often for me. Maybe the springs got "softer", but once removed they measured the same..
Yeh, I'm tired of that as well and my tires rub when I pull out of my driveway cause I have a steep slant off the driveway that damn near resembles a curb.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trendkiller Z
Yeh, mine have been on for around 100K and atleast five years. I'm about to replace the shocks with Bilstien HD's and been trying to decide between Strano springs and BMRs but I'm leaning toward the Strano.
Mine are coming off ASAP. Friday, I placed an order to Strano for Strano springs, koni shocks, and a 35mm sway bar. I'm hoping it'll ride like a whole 'nother car.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DANSBIRD
Mine are coming off ASAP. Friday, I placed an order to Strano for Strano springs, koni shocks, and a 35mm sway bar. I'm hoping it'll ride like a whole 'nother car.
I imagine it will! I'm n not spending that much on shocks but I hear Koni's are bad ***. I'm pretty sure I need to get a sway bar as well. I still have the stocker.