Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need some ideas on shocks/springs F&R and Brakes.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 07:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Need some ideas on shocks/springs F&R and Brakes.

So what shocks/springs should i run on the rear of my 98 Z28 M6...Looking for good consistent launches at the track. Im just not sure of what shocks to go with. Also what about the front shocks and springs? Ive heard 275lb-300lb-315lb spring rate up front but I dnt know the pros vs cons of either. Im making around 575hp (EST) on the bottle. I already have Moser M9, adj. LCAs, PHB, TA and upgraded DS so Im really down to shocks,springs,brakes. My question with the brakes is....Are there any brake kits that will allow me to run my Weld Racing Draglites on them without shaving calipers?? I actually would like new rotors, pads and calipers since im gonna upgrade the whole suspension. Im open for any ideas...Just let me know whats best for good, consistent launches. And if you run fast you gotta stop fast so i need new brakes all corners. Thanks guys.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:17 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if you are limited street use and not in heavy traffic I'd suggest going with a set of Afco or Strange shocks, most likely the 300# springs, and a set of Strange brakes. The brakes will work with the wheels and you will get a nice bit of weight reduction at the same time.

Give us a call. We an help you with all these parts and advice, and the experience to back it all up.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:17 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok sounds good. Its not a DD but i do like to go have a little fun now and then on the streets.. Im mainly looking to set it up for the track..Just looking for a good setup that will allow me to launch hard and drop my 60ft. And im tired of running the shaved front calipers so Im gonna go ahead with a full brake kit as well.