Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

panhard bar help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default panhard bar help please

Can someone please assist me on how to measure the rear end to make sure it is centered? I am gonna be installing my new panhard rod this evening and was hoping for a little help it is a adj one and the car is lowered, thanks in advance for any help
Old 12-30-2011, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

easiest way to do it, and it should have come with instructions on how to do it as well. but what you wanna do is get a plum-bob(or just a piece of srting with a wrench or something heavy on it) and place it on the center of your rear fender(just above the wheel well opening) and let the plum bob drop till it just touches the floor. Then, using a measuring tape, measure from the center of your wheel rim to the string. and do that on both sides. Then you want to make sure that they are equal or within a few 10ths or so of each other. Hope that helps!
Old 12-30-2011, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks alot. that sounds about like what I was gonna try anyways but it definetly helped alot. I just thought there might be a more technologically advanced way to do it that I didnt know about. Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Undertow's method is what most of us use for that project. Make sure you recheck after a few miles to make sure everything is settled and you're still ok. It's really fun to have your rear perfectly centered.

ramey
Old 12-30-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

oh yea, put loctite on the damn adjuster nut, if you dont after a few rides.....trust me your **** will shift especially if you hit a few minor bumps. Loctite is a must on that damn adjuster

Quick Reply: panhard bar help please