Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

got new eibach prolines today

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got new eibach prolines today

did a job for a guy today, he wanted stock springs back in his car because it sat too low for him. Anyway i out some of my stock springs in his car for him and he gave me the prolines for doing it, i already have the summit springs in now but im debating on putting in the eibachs. Any pics out there with people running the prolines?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Sportlines or prokit?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Teching In

sportlines my bad
Old 01-03-2012, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Too low for my taste.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sportlines look great IMO, but I don't think I could handle the ride. I'd assume they ride like a go-kart.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

They ride like crap.. They are WAY too low...

If you put them in, I would seriously suggest getting some Konis to control the spring at that much of a drop.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agree they look bad *** but i couldnt handle it beeing that low, honest if you have the summits i think those are 1.5 drop correct? i would just keep those , but like i said sportlines look badass
Old 01-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Teching In

im thinking on it on it. like i said i got them for free basically.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by H82ZULOSE
im thinking on it on it. like i said i got them for free basically.
Sell them then. Obviously this depends on your plan for the car, but as mentioned above, it will look nice and ride rough.

Getting something for free doesn't mean you should use it. If I gave you a Honda emblem that perfectly replaced the nose emblem of a Camaro, would you put it on?

Someone out there may understand the consequences of Sportline springs on ride comfort and still want them. So sell them to them for some cash toward your next suspension mod
Old 01-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Teching In

I mainly got them for a buddy of mine. He dosent get much of an oppertunity to work on his car often and his funds are low. Whenever i need a hand he helps me so i try to help hook him up with parts so we can get his SS underway. And they werent free technically, i had to pull them out and gring down the old nut on the struts to get these things and replace the struts. Didnt know that collapseing stock springs was such a pain in the ***!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
agree they look bad *** but i couldnt handle it beeing that low, honest if you have the summits i think those are 1.5 drop correct? i would just keep those , but like i said sportlines look badass
I had em on my old WS.6.. They were 2.25" lower than my buddies stock Firehawk. I measured from the fender lip to the ground. Ill see if i can find some pics.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my ws6 had these. way too low for the rough roads here. scraped every curb. speedbumps hurt ME just hearing it. bottomed out on bumps. midwest roads suck.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i had sportlines on my 93z and it looked bad *** but man i would'nt be able to take corners with the slightest dip or bump since it would hit the bottom of my car and forget driveways and speed bumps, not to mention i couldnt find a company that would say its wise to use there shocks with sportlines. Its only a bit lower then pro kits so you would think but it makes a big difference. Ive had 5 camaro's and only one ive made a mistake using sportlines and never made that same mistake again. I was ok on the ride comfort since im soo use to these cars with stiff suspension so it was not a big deal at all but not worth cringing and making funny faces everytime i here the bottom scrape and hitting a parking space curb at a mall and kill the paint on my front bumper.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Teching In

i really dont want to go through the hassle of pulling the struts out of the front of my car again. That **** is really annoying especially if you dont have help. It was an idea but i got my summit springs in there now and there good at the moment. More or less ill pawn them off on my buddy. Im more concerned on getting my buddies procharger off him at the moment then i am the lowering springs. Good thing about it all my friends have f-body's so someone will have soemthing to trade around for them.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heres some reference pics with the Sportlines. They are LOW!! Ended up swapping em out for some Hotchkis springs, which brought it up a hair over an inch if i remember right.

Sportlines on the WS6, stock on the Hawk.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have them eibachspings on my v6 bird the ride was horrible until I but my koni shocks from my ls1 bird on it bear in mind tho they have a tendency to sag over time and they will throw your pinion angle other than that if you want your car low then use them with a good set of shocks they word great I'm a big guy 6 4 275 so my rear tires hit the fenders on big bumps so I went to advanced autoparts and got a set of truck overload coilovers and used them on the rear due to eibach progressive rear springs are sagging so end result the car is uber stiff it has poly bushing in the Aftermarket lca and phb but all in all the car handles well also has ws6 front and rear swaybars so that aids in the handling department if you like a soft comfortable ride I would not use the eibach however if it don't bother you like it doesn't me go for it I come from the mini truck world so we have shitty quality ride anyways
Old 01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Car will hardbottom a lot with the eibach springs if you are on decarbons the reason there is no recommended shock to use with the eibach springs is when you lower a car with drop springs the valve in your shocks are moving in an area that is not normally seen which can cause seals to fail in the shock and no company is gonna recommend you taking there shock and putting in an area where its not designed to stay in an adjustable shock is the best option you have that or you can find a shock that's made for lowered vehicles there more than likely won't be a set for fbodys the shocks that are adjustable will allow you to firm up the shock piston valving intern the shock won't compress as easy but and you will lose bounce but it will keep you from riding on your bumpstops
Old 01-08-2012, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It will have a nice stance but scrape on everything...at least for me anyway and I got tired of my nice headers taking a beating and after destroying the bumpstops that was the final straw for me.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Different springs, similar drop

If you do the homework and prep work, and dont drive like a complete moron, the ride quality can be quite nice

Old 01-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Don't want to hijack the thread but... have any of you guys fixed you camber after lowering? Ive seen posts before where it was stated that something could be cut/filed to allow for more camber adjustment after lowering. If anyone has any links please post.

Here is my car with summit springs. I REALLY like the stance of this thing but want to get the aligmnet a little closer.

Last edited by Schnell; 01-13-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: got new eibach prolines today