Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Servicing Umi rotojoints?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Servicing Umi rotojoints?

I recently installed UMI's adj phb and lca's with rotojoints on my ws6. There wasnt anything on the instructions that said how often the roto joints should be greased and how often the delrin bushings should be replaced. So how often do you reccomend these?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

One initial pump of grease is what I believe is recommended, you then tighten the joints as needed. The noise should make it obvious when you have play in them. I'm guessing when you no longer can tighten them to remove the play, it time to replace the race.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
One initial pump of grease is what I believe is recommended, you then tighten the joints as needed. The noise should make it obvious when you have play in them. I'm guessing when you no longer can tighten them to remove the play, it time to replace the race.
Pretty good info ^^^.

We properly tension and then grease the Roto-Joints during initial assembly. After installing you should put one pump of Synco Super Lube/Mobil 1 Synthetic/Your Preferred Premium Chassis Grease in each zerk. There is no need to over grease. Standard driving conditions warrant a half pump or so in each zerk during routine maintenance, much like greasing a tie rod end.

As for the Delrin, the initial tension on the Roto-Joint should last for a few years. If they loosen or get noisy, you can put 1/4 turn on the tensioner. We have some cars with original Roto-Joints and proper lubrication which have never needed additional tensioning.

Let me know if you have add'l questions.

thanks

ramey
Old 01-25-2012, 07:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by k_garretson23
I recently installed UMI's adj phb and lca's with rotojoints on my ws6. There wasnt anything on the instructions that said how often the roto joints should be greased and how often the delrin bushings should be replaced. So how often do you reccomend these?
And THANKS for your purchase!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks a lot, cant buy from anyone else with customer service like you guys . just ordered your boxed weld in sfc's as well

Quick Reply: Servicing Umi rotojoints?