Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake noise, creaking when coming to full stop

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake noise, creaking when coming to full stop

First off I have the brakemotive drilled and slotted rotors with the ceramic pads deal that was being offered on here for so long. Lately I've been noticing this hard to explain sweeping/grinding kind of noise when I'm braking from less than 30 mph. I don't hear it usually till i'm almost stopped. And when I do come to a full stop there's this weird creaking type of noise. If I let off the gas to let the car move forward like say, in a drive thru, the creaking noise happens everytime I reapply the brake. I'm no expert but it almost sounds like the caliper pistons are sticking and causing the noise. Or maybe it's just bushings. I might have gotten my metal brake pad clip things mixed up when putting them back in but I somehow don't think it relates to that. The new rotors and pads are about 4 months old with maybe 1500 miles on them. Anybody have a clue what this could be? It's really embarrassing and annoying when I'm pulling up to traffic lights. lol

Last edited by transambrotha; 02-04-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

http://youtu.be/8qCWckDLXi4

it's similar to this, not as bad yet, but definitely the same kind of noise. Somebody in the video comments put wheel bearings. I'm well aware my axle bearings might be shot. Does this noise mean my front hubs need to be replaced too?
Old 02-04-2012, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

anybody have ideas? I just stuck my head out the door when it made the noise and it's definitely coming from the rear brakes. Any clues on where to start? could it be related to my rear axle bearings?
Old 02-04-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

does the brake pedal pulse when you apply the brakes?
Old 02-04-2012, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1121
does the brake pedal pulse when you apply the brakes?
No it doesn't, everything feels normal. There is no noise when I brake firm or hard, just normal gradual braking makes the noise.

Quick Reply: Brake noise, creaking when coming to full stop