Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LT1 to LS1 Rear Brakes Swap???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LT1 to LS1 Rear Brakes Swap???

are lt1 brakes (disc and caliper) direct bolt on to ls1 rear end? i got some new 15" wheels that dont fit my ls1 rear end, cant grind the caliper anymore and not even with spacers, i know they'll fit on LT1 rear brakes.
help!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not exactly. To put LT1 brakes on a LS1 rear, you will definitely need the mounting plates in addition to the obvious stuff. Also LT1 axles are either 1/8" longer or shorter (dont remember which) compared to the LS1 axles but some folks have still made it work by shimming.

I hope you realize that the LS1 rear brakes in terms of relibility and performance, especially the parking brake, are far superior to the LT1 rear brake. I would just use a 16" rim if it were me.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Not exactly. To put LT1 brakes on a LS1 rear, you will definitely need the mounting plates in addition to the obvious stuff. Also LT1 axles are either 1/8" longer or shorter (dont remember which) compared to the LS1 axles but some folks have still made it work by shimming.

I hope you realize that the LS1 rear brakes in terms of relibility and performance, especially the parking brake, are far superior to the LT1 rear brake. I would just use a 16" rim if it were me.
thanks good info! ima try just the LT1 calipers if doesnt work then im just gonna grind more the calipers and dobble spacers.

Quick Reply: LT1 to LS1 Rear Brakes Swap???