Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

brake pedal hard?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 05:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake pedal hard?

This was before and after, just installed new rotors, pads, and caliper slide pins all the way around...

I feel like the car is breaking good but the pedal is really hard like I'm the one who has to do all the work, as soon as I touch presses alittle and then like pushing on a brick. What can I check for?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Hard brake pedal is usually sign of low or no vacuum to brake booster or internal brake booster failure. If you have to replace your brake booster make sure your master cylinder not leaking back into booster causing it to fail.

Chris
Old 02-29-2012, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

How would I test to see if there's enough vacuum?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Probably not the issue, but worth asking anyhow -- I assume you greased the slide pins and sleeves well, correct?

No brake fluid leaking from anywhere?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

i replaced the slide pins with new ones, bought caliper grease, greased the hell out of them, drove it around and even jacked car back up took everything off to make sure everything was good... i actually started getting a heavy thudding feeling under the gas pedal today like there not retracing and barely catching...

i know the brake fill cap has a slow leak, would that cause? and where the the brake cap fill resevoir mounts to master cylinder i dont know if its old or not but it might be leaking there slowly

Quick Reply: brake pedal hard?