Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BEST 2002 Ws6 Stock Height Rear Replacement Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default BEST 2002 Ws6 Stock Height Rear Replacement Springs

Does anyone know a good heavy duty stock height rear spring? I want to replace my rear springs after I installed my Ford 9" but like my ride height the way it is. Let me know.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy to keep this up top. I have a WS6 with a Moser 12 bolt and want to know the same. I have Koni single adjustable all around. I'm interested in cornering not comfort. You may get a better response with the shock and driving preferences.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

I also need the same as the original poster. Large speed bumps to deal with. Lowering seems to be the springs that people sell or 150lb. Is the WS6 progressive rate the best for stock ride height and cornering with comfort. Is a 150lb. non-progressive better for performance, giving up comfort? Who sells the replacement progressive, stock height 150lb., or other recommended that people like?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Searched through as many coil spring title posts and didn't see any recommendations, two pages of them. Read the sticky and still didn't see any recommendations. Could have missed it but this is what I did find.
Use the WS6 progressive or a 150 lb. The only question that I am wondering about now are relating to ride height.

1) What WAS the stock ride height?
2) What is my ride height now, where to measure.

The reason is that many replacement springs are lowering springs, I'm sure you can get stock ones. I understand the improvement to handling from lowering if you actually get the alignment corrected and possibly other part replacements. With my car being almost 14 years old and having 170,000 very hard street driven, no highway miles, lowering springs will probably not decrease my ride height it may even increase it. So I need to start with the current ride height to choose what I want to wind up with. I want NO lower than I have now, which may and probably is lower than stock. I don't want to guess I want to measure. Then I will determine what lowering springs will keep me at the same height. I'd just like to know if people have seen improvement from the WS6 progressive to a non-progressive 150 lb?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have heard the slp springs are a good replacement. They are technically lowering springs, but the drop is only like .5 to .75 inches.

Quick Reply: BEST 2002 Ws6 Stock Height Rear Replacement Springs