Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help please

Hi gys. I just purchased an enclosed trailer to transport my TA to the track but I have encountered a small problem I wanted to check with everyone on. I have no idea where the best place is to hook the straps to to strap the car down. I cant see any good place at all to hook them and I dont want to damage anything. Any advice is greatly appreciated thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Does the car have factory k-member and a-arms? If it does have the factory a-arms and k-member than there are holes in each where you can slide the hook in and tighten it down to the mounting points in the trailer without any issues. On the rear I always have wrapped the straps around the rear end but you have to be a little careful and make sure the strap isn't around anything that can be damaged when being tightened down.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 530 Likes on 334 Posts

I thought the best place to strap a car down was by the wheels, so when you are transporting it the suspension is able to travel.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the suspension is all stock with the addition of the sub frame connectors. I will check out those points when I get home. I also looked at the tire strap idea but their isnt much space between the car and the wall of the trailer to put a tie down point. Thanks for the info guys.

Quick Reply: Need help please