Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arm or PHB

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Torque Arm or PHB

I am thinking about doing some suspension mods sooner rather than later and I am considering a new TA, adjustable PHB, and SFC's. I already have BMR LCA's. I know I'm getting the SFC's for sure but between the TA and PHB what is the better option for me right now? The car has the bolt-ons in my sig and the stock 10 bolt with 2.73's. I plan on getting either a 9" or S60 rear end in the future. Current wheel/tire setup is stock 16's with 245's. May be getting 17s with 275 in front and 275-315 out back.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump for some responses
Old 05-14-2012, 08:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If you are not lowered than I would definitely do the torque arm over the Panhard rod. The torque arm will make a much bigger difference as far as handling and performance go then the panhard rod would. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there is something I can help you out with.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:00 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS-ONE_DAY
I am thinking about doing some suspension mods sooner rather than later and I am considering a new TA, adjustable PHB, and SFC's. I already have BMR LCA's. I know I'm getting the SFC's for sure but between the TA and PHB what is the better option for me right now? The car has the bolt-ons in my sig and the stock 10 bolt with 2.73's. I plan on getting either a 9" or S60 rear end in the future. Current wheel/tire setup is stock 16's with 245's. May be getting 17s with 275 in front and 275-315 out back.
I'd do the SFC's and PB now, because they will work with any rearend. If you are planning on getting a different rearend then some manufacturers torque arms may not work with the rearend you are likely to choose.

When you are shopping for SFCs be sure to purchase a real subframe connector and not a jacking rail that is marketed as a subframe connector and not doing the job it is intended to.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssvert99
I'd do the SFC's and PB now, because they will work with any rearend. If you are planning on getting a different rearend then some manufacturers torque arms may not work with the rearend you are likely to choose.
That's exactly what I was thinking and the reason for this thread. I do eventually plan on going with a 9" or S60 rear end. I would be leaning towards an S60 since they're cheaper either from you guys at MWC or CRP. I planned on getting one of the TQ Arms that have the DSL with it also so that may also make it better to get that later.

Quick Reply: Torque Arm or PHB