Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone go from lowered back to stock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone go from lowered back to stock?

May be stupid ? but I just bought a 02' Z28 and it has Eibach lowering springs on it. Just not sure if I like it. The exhaust is all the way against the floor pan and is annoying and you can tell it's hit several times on the bottom of the cats.

I bought the car for an occasional driver and to hit the drag strip about once a month. The car also has BMR adjustable LCA's, Spohn tunnel mount torque arm.

So, I'm having some major exhaust issues with the car lowered.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what springs, etc I should use If I change?
Old 05-14-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Yeah, I've halfway done it. I had vogtland springs and hated how my car nailed the bumpstops all the time with bilsteins. I swapped back to stock with the hose mod on the back and instantly enjoyed the ride more. Do it! But for the front, prepare for instant dissatisfaction with your stance...
Old 05-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
Yeah, I've halfway done it. I had vogtland springs and hated how my car nailed the bumpstops all the time with bilsteins. I swapped back to stock with the hose mod on the back and instantly enjoyed the ride more. Do it! But for the front, prepare for instant dissatisfaction with your stance...
I have a friend who had Eibachs and grew to hate them. He has Konis, so he went to stock springs on the lower perch and HH mod. Loved the ride but hated the stance. Replaced the stock springs with Stranos and has been extremely happy since.