Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

poly/roto LCA vs Stock LCA with 1LE bushings

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default poly/roto LCA vs Stock LCA with 1LE bushings

I'm deciding between these two ways to go so I need someone to make my mind up. I already have the 1LE bushings and relocation brackets paid for. If I go with the poly/roto combo is it worth the extra $100-200 for a set? What kind of differences will I see here?
Suspension is SLP bilstein/eibachs all around, 275/40/17s summer tire all around. rest of the rear suspension is stock, front has 32'' 1LE swaybar and poly endlinks.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the Founder's Performance Poly/Roto kit. $124
Old 05-28-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at least give some reasoning? looking for input on here and how much better performance that $124 will get me.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rubber.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00firebird
I'm deciding between these two ways to go so I need someone to make my mind up. I already have the 1LE bushings and relocation brackets paid for. If I go with the poly/roto combo is it worth the extra $100-200 for a set? What kind of differences will I see here?
Suspension is SLP bilstein/eibachs all around, 275/40/17s summer tire all around. rest of the rear suspension is stock, front has 32'' 1LE swaybar and poly endlinks.
Good morning 00firebird.

We specify Roto-Joints anytime we want more articulation ability [defined as one wheel in bump and one wheel in rebound, i.e. during body roll]. A secondary benefit is less deflection than poly which further tightens the suspension. In much the same way poly is an upgrade from rubber, Delrin is an upgrade from poly.

Rubber, or course, gives the best damping and quietness but at the expense of performance. Delrin transfers more road noise (but not as much as rod ends) but with virtually zero deflection.

So, for the extra $ you get a suspension component which articulates very smoothly with none of the binding associated with poly. For drag cars where the rear suspension moves relatively equally, articulation becomes less important. For a corner carver, it's nice to have that smooth articulation and predictability which comes from the Roto-Joint.

ramey

Quick Reply: poly/roto LCA vs Stock LCA with 1LE bushings