Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear disk brakes on A body?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear disk brakes on A body?

I was wondering if there is a factory setup I can convert to fit on my 70 chevelle with light mods??? My drums gotta do!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

I've used a few kits out there that were cheap. The kits basicly used metric calipers and rotors from 78-87 g bodys. All the kits I used were problem free and was able to go to local part stores for replacement parts. Obviously there are alot of great kits out there from dam neer every brake company. Just gotta look around to what suits your car and budget
Old 06-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Double_Trouble99
I've used a few kits out there that were cheap. The kits basicly used metric calipers and rotors from 78-87 g bodys. All the kits I used were problem free and was able to go to local part stores for replacement parts. Obviously there are alot of great kits out there from dam neer every brake company. Just gotta look around to what suits your car and budget
well for right now, since I am really getting my lsx swap off the ground, I would like to concentrate more on it... However, if I can gather good info on what rear disc brakes will fit my 70 chevelle then I would possibly grab some..
A buddy of mine mentioned factory rear disc brakes off of earlier model camaros will fit on my chevelle with little modding... Has anyone heard of this before???
Old 06-26-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

A few options:

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147432
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264338

Quick Reply: Rear disk brakes on A body?