Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best springs for lt1 slp bilsteins

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best springs for lt1 slp bilsteins

Hi, I am new here. I can see the sparks flying already but here it goes. I am not trying to start a fight here really. I am just looking for some honest advice, please don't eat each other alive, or me for that matter. So hear is the deal. I want some new shocks for my 96 camaro z28. Right now it has the stock shocks with 140,000 miles on them. I don't have enough money for koni's, I repeat, I don't have enough money for koni's!!! So I have decided that slp bilsteins will be my choice. Now comes the scary part, which springs are best for the slp bilsteins in terms of pure handling ability. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Bilstein makes a matched set of springs that come with all four shocks. The complete kit is available for $824.99 at Classic industries. The kit part # is BN7501. The springs feature a performance directed spring rate. Also provides your car with a slightly lower stance for better handling and control. They claim its the "most economical way to vastly improve your cars performance, as well as its appearance. I completely agree with that statement. I put them in a 94 Z and they made the car ride better than new. Freshin up the front end suspension and replacing the rear s suspension brushings is going to aid in making it ride better than new. Good luck!! Post pics when your finished.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mezzyshreder
Bilstein makes a matched set of springs that come with all four shocks. The complete kit is available for $824.99 at Classic industries. The kit part # is BN7501. The springs feature a performance directed spring rate. Also provides your car with a slightly lower stance for better handling and control. They claim its the "most economical way to vastly improve your cars performance, as well as its appearance. I completely agree with that statement. I put them in a 94 Z and they made the car ride better than new. Freshin up the front end suspension and replacing the rear s suspension brushings is going to aid in making it ride better than new. Good luck!! Post pics when your finished.
$824, holy ripoff batman! For that price you might as well buy the konis and run them on stock springs with the lower perch...
Here's SLP springs and bilstiens for $675:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=113&ModelID=7
Old 07-05-2012, 01:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or, spend a few bucks more, and get Bilsteins and BMR springs.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

^^ I like the idea of strano or bmr. also considering the pro-kit because I think the stance might be a little better. I don't think I am happy with the ride height of the strano or bmr, just not quite low enough, I am looking for something like 1.7 or 1.8 inches drop. Sport-lines are more like it but they suck.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:10 AM
TECH Junkie

I like the ride height of my Pro Kit. 17x9.5&17x11OE wheels
Old 09-18-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

I like the ride height of my Pro Kit. 17x9.5&17x11OE wheels

Quick Reply: Best springs for lt1 slp bilsteins