Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shocks/swaybar ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Shocks/swaybar ?

K so a few years back i went and lowered the car with strano springs. I went away from most peoples words of advice and put qa-1's on all 4 corners. There not bad dont get me wrong but i'm sure i could get alot more out of the car with a better set of shocks like koni's. What koni's should i be looking at i would like the car to handle well because i'm thinking about hitting up some track days soon. I take the car to the strip once and a while as well so i want it to launch decent yet. Do i really need to step up to the double adj.? or could i get away with the koni yellows and be just as happy with the ride and handling?

Second question is since the car was lowered I also installed a 12 bolt the swaybar links snapped on dissassembly (go figure) and i needed to put a new set in. I worked at oreilly at the time and got some of the house brand links for $4 went to put them in and seems like the link was too long. I tightened them down and the bushings did not compress. I ended up stripping out the link and returning them. Am i just trying to tighten them too much or do i need a shorter end link? thanks again
Old 07-14-2012, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

no one had this problem with there link ends? hmm maybe i'll get a moog set and try to not over tighten them.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

You need to shorten your sway bar links according to how much you lowered the car. The sway bar should be level.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

hmm how do i make them shorter? seems impossible that they fit fine on my 10 bolt (was lowered with the 10bolt still) but i had to cut the old ones off to install the 12bolt. Now Standard links wont fit? My fronts are still stock length and as far as i know still intact last time i looked under there. I'm just baffled and confused
Old 07-16-2012, 07:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Buy a shorter bolt. They did'nt fit fine on your 10 bolt either if you were lowered then. No one ever does this but it is a noticeable difference. The fronts need to be made shorter to. It will get them back to proper working angles. The car will ride better and stay flatter in a turn.