Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking For New Front Shocks!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For New Front Shocks!!

What kinda shocks would you guys suggest? im getting BMR springs in my front end and wandering what are the best handling shocks to get? i wanna make my camaro handle amazing when cornering right now i have the springs in back and bilsteins in the rear and front end is stock still,, any ideas? i was thinking of gettin the Konis adjustable would that be about the best way to go?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:41 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Koni shocks are certainly a great choice, and they work very well with our springs. I would say matching Bilsteins up front would be a good idea too. It's best to keep shocks the same damper because they're built to work together.
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

monroes FTW !!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Koni adjustables would be the best way to go for performance. Bilsteins are an excellent second choice if you balk a bit at the cost of the Konis.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Konis work well with Bilsteins in the rear as long as you don't turn the rebound rate way up. I have this combo on my A4 car and it works well with the Konis set to three sweeps from full soft.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Teching In

ohhh awesome thanks for the quick reply!! im think im gunna go with the koni adjustables and adjust to where they feel right it seems to be worth the money huh? they last? and if it feels like its un even ill get em for the back later if needed but i think ill be ok with the bilstiens in back as long as the front are adjusted right. thanks again!! just trying to get opinions before i do it im starting save for them once i get paid
Old 07-14-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
monroes FTW !!!!
When talking lowering springs, you especially want to avoid Monroe Sensatracs. I guess they are designed with grooves to freely allow movement around slight ranges at the "stock" ride height. Outside of this range they are a bit stiffer. So if you toss lowering springs on Monroes, they will have very strange behavior where at normal ride height they are a bit stiffer but when you get to the grooved area they will have much less damping control. I'm not speaking about Monroe's combined with stock springs... but I don't think using lowering springs for most people is a good idea with Monroes. (unless people like this behavior)
Old 07-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Konis work well with Bilsteins in the rear as long as you don't turn the rebound rate way up. I have this combo on my A4 car and it works well with the Konis set to three sweeps from full soft.
how much of a difference in handling am i gunna feel compared to those bouncy stock ones i have up front im hoping a pretty decent difference haha
Old 07-15-2012, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot2000ss
how much of a difference in handling am i gunna feel compared to those bouncy stock ones i have up front im hoping a pretty decent difference haha
Will feel like a totally different car.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
monroes FTW !!!!
ya beat me to it. lmao.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Teching In

awesome man thats what i was looking to here!!! i know this is random but do you happen to know what brake pads are best for track use and some regualuar driving? right now iv got ebc green stuff there decent but i was wandering if there are something that stop much quicker and maybe have less brake dust i also have drilled and slotted rotors all around

Quick Reply: Looking For New Front Shocks!!