Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question For UMI- Brake Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question For UMI- Brake Brackets

I hope someone from UMI will have a look at this...
I just finished reading multiple threads on using various versions of both the caddy brembo calipers and the gen 5 camaro calipers on fourth gen camaros. I also see quite a bit on getting them to fit under 17 inch wheels, which appear to be the preferred size for RR and Autocross (where these calipers would have the greatest benefit).
My question is can you make a version of your C5 brake brackets for the brembos that would pull the mounting of the calipers in toward the axle centerline about 1/2 an inch? Looks like you could do this by slightly clocking the position and moving the mounts inward. You could also adjust the mounting depth location and get rid of the need for spacers..
This would make a lot of people happy............
Old 08-16-2012, 05:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey jclz28.

When we recieve a request like this, we start investigating. If a project seems like it fits our business plan we may start right away. If it would sell five pieces per year, it may just go on a list for future consideration.

As of right now, we're pretty saturated with projects...
Old 08-16-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

What's the status on the project to make a bracket to level the panhard bar that should have been supplied with the panhard bar relocation kit?

BMR should reply too.