Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

99' Z28 Stock Suspension Rear Sag Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99' Z28 Stock Suspension Rear Sag Issue

Hey guys I'm having a tire rubbing issue with the rear. I running 285/35 19's in the rear with stock springs/shocks. The issue is the car will all of a sudden sag while driving and the tire will rub both sides of the fender on the passenger side only. It'll rub for a couple seconds and then stop. I'm very confused as to why this is happening. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Anybody???
Old 03-25-2013, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your suspension is probably shot. My rear shocks are so wasted it looks like I lowered the car. I am going to order the BMR Koni combo to fix my problems.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dmeline
Hey guys I'm having a tire rubbing issue with the rear. I running 285/35 19's in the rear with stock springs/shocks. The issue is the car will all of a sudden sag while driving and the tire will rub both sides of the fender on the passenger side only. It'll rub for a couple seconds and then stop. I'm very confused as to why this is happening. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I'm running the same exact tire on back of my car and I use to have the rubbing issue I ended up putting air shocks on the rear....I also didn't roll my fenders and I'm using a spacer...I have no problems now
Old 03-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the responses guys. I do have a 1.25 wheel spacer. I didn't think that my suspension was shot because the car doesn't rub constantly, it seems to rub for a few seconds than stop. Well I guess i'll just buy a set of stranos/konis, panhard, and lca's to fix the issue.

Quick Reply: 99' Z28 Stock Suspension Rear Sag Issue