Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

60 foot times

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60 foot times

looking for some personal experience, getting ready to buy some double adjustable shocks for the front of my 2002 Trans am.

I have tried a search and still have no idea on what brand to buy.

Q:And if I put double adjustable shocks on the front, can I use my Eibach pro springs???

Q: What is every one else using on there f-bodys????
Old 06-19-2013, 09:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a few different choices, but the Eibach springs won't work, and probably won't help your 60' performance anyway. Depending on your budget the most popular shocks are the Afco, Strange, and the new Viking shocks(best bang for the buck). These are all externally adjustable, have adjustable ride height, and use a spring that has a 2.5" ID at least on the bottom mount. The easy external adjustment will allow you to go from a more firm ride on the street to a softer setup for weight transfer and better control of the rear tire. The rears of all brands are available in coil-over conversionas well for adjustable ride height.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by M1SERY
looking for some personal experience, getting ready to buy some double adjustable shocks for the front of my 2002 Trans am.

I have tried a search and still have no idea on what brand to buy.

Q:And if I put double adjustable shocks on the front, can I use my Eibach pro springs???

Q: What is every one else using on there f-bodys????
Here at BMR we really like the Strange Engineering shocks, they are hard to beat as far as price and quality goes. I have also personally used Viking Performance and they are a very good option also. Now if you did decide to go with either of the shocks and wanted to reuse your Eibach springs you could you would just need to use our BMR springs seats (SA001). I personally prefer to use a 2.5" coil-over spring instead of the "stock style" spring because it saves some weight over the front and you can fine tune the spring rate for what you are looking to do.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: 60 foot times