Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Roll Control install

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Roll Control install

How hard is the install of this?? It comes with prebent lines and all wiring. I'm mainly concerned with what you have to do as far as do you have to bleed the brakes when you install it?? And what exactly do you do with the wiring and how hard is it??
Old 05-03-2004, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

It's very simple to install and has pretty good directions. Basicly for wiring, the solenoid pulls power from the secondary power point (I guess that's what you would call it) on the fuse box in front of where the solenoid is mounted. Then you just run the ground wire to a switch inside the car and ground the other side of the switch. As far as bleeding, I bled mine at the ABS block. Un hook the stock line and replace it with the new ones, tighten all the fittings except for the one at the ABS block (just thread it in by hand and leave it loose). Then wait for it to gravity feed or uncover the resvoir and blow into it lightly (put a towel around the neck so you don't get brake fluid on your lips). You will start to see fluid come out from around the loose fitting, then just tap the lines real good until air bubbles stop comming out around the fitting, tighten the fitting, and then you should be good to go.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wiring is easy and install is even easier......You will need someones help to bleed the brakes...Its not hard It took me and my buddy like 1.5hrs to do total install.I love mine I also have red status light to tell me when its on Have fun
Old 05-04-2004, 03:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys, I'll install it when I do my rotors, pads, and SS lines since I'll be bleeding them anyway.

Quick Reply: SLP Roll Control install