Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

4th Gen F-body master cylinder into 1st gen F-body

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 4th Gen F-body master cylinder into 1st gen F-body

As the title states, I want to use a 4th gen master cylinder in my 1st gen Camaro. The car has currently 4 wheel disc and I am swapping the front disc brakes from 69 Camaro to the Corvette C5. I have two questions.
Can I use the original proportioning valve that I had on the car? It is a disc/disc prop valve and worked fine on my old set up. I am pretty sure I can use this, but I can't find any info on 4th gen prop valves.
Are the front brakes on a 4th gen plumbed to the rear port on the master cylinder? I read installation instructions for installing line lock on a 4th gen and it talks about the rear port on the master. This would be the opposite of the 1st gen master.
I found adapters to convert the 4th gen bubble flare to inverted flare, so I am OK with this part of the swap.
Any help is appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
rob_mcarthur (07-03-2019)
Old 11-26-2013, 07:49 AM
TECH Regular

For anyone else contempleting this swap, the adapters I am uisng are made by AGS. The first one is PN BLF-32C and is 3/8-24 Inverted flare female to M11X1.5 Bubble male, the second is BLF-33C and is 3/8-24 Inverted flare female to M12X1.0 Bubble male. The rear port on the master is the M11X1.5 and I believe was plumbed to the front brakes on the 4th gen. There are adapters out there that use the 7/16 inverted flare, but I don't have the part numbers.

Still looking for any info on my original questions.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:16 AM
TECH Regular

So can anyone validate for me which port on he master goes to the front brakes?

Quick Reply: 4th Gen F-body master cylinder into 1st gen F-body