Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New suspension?

Ok so in about the next month my camaro will be going up on jacks to have the new parts put in. While I have it in the air I am wanting to get new springs and struts put on. My only issue is not sure on a good set-up for what I am wanting. Open to all suggestions.

Right now i have stock springs and struts with y2k vette rims F: 17 with a 245/45/17 tire R: 18 with 285/35/18 tires

I am wanting something that will drop it a nice bit get rid of majority of wheel gap and have a nice rake when looking at it. Not to particular on the ride at all. I have one issue also not to bad at all but since i hae taken the A/C out front bumper support and new hood my front end has gotten lighter and raised my front end and the wheel gap i can now fit 2 fists in really want that gone!!! Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions!! Oh and also should mention my budget not to worried on just don't want to be dropping like $2000 on a suspension but if i need a lil more for it I just do OT at work
Old 01-02-2014, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

well whatever springs you choose go with Koni Sport shocks, the fronts have an alternate location for the spring perch that will allow you to drop the front like 3/4" more then the back, this will help in over coming the lightened front end to an extent.

Eibach springs are known to sag in the rear (specifically the Pro-kits) so I would say go with Strano or BMR ("strano knockoffs" as some call them, but lets not let this thread turn into that debate). there are many threads on here with pics of both those setups so you can see how they sit.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Cool! thanks for the response! will definitely look into those!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=90&ModelID=7

from one of our site sponsors, and you get bigger sway bars along with the best Koni's (there are several different levels of the Koni Sports).

You would also want an adjustable pan-hard bar so you can recenter the rear axle after lowering, and possibly adjustable lower control arms and/or relocation brackets, there are certain applications where you want them and don't them so ASK Sam Strano on that one.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Awesome thanks so much! I've been looking around now and that link is a huge help! Is lookng very tempting!!

Quick Reply: New suspension?