Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Spring issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Spring issues

Hey guys, I have run into an issue, I picked up a set of slp springs from someone and I ordered set of bilsteins, the problem is he cut one coil out of the rear of the slp springs... Now I don't normally condsider using the spring but I have the car apart right now so im curious on anyones input about using the springs? he said he was going to cut the fronts as well but sold the car before he installed them. why would he cut the SLPs ??? Would one coil removed be to much for the car to handle?
Old 02-26-2014, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think 1 coil would be that bad, but than again ive never ridden in a fbody with cut springs. I know alot of people on here do it sucessfuly and there also a lot of people that swear its the worst thing since obamacare. But its only the rear springs if you dont like the ride its a quick swap.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jsteele90
I dont think 1 coil would be that bad, but than again ive never ridden in a fbody with cut springs. I know alot of people on here do it sucessfuly and there also a lot of people that swear its the worst thing since obamacare. But its only the rear springs if you dont like the ride its a quick swap.

LOL Agreed, I figured I should just forget them and go with some Stranos. They were cheap so I couldn't pass them up but I under stand now. Thanks
Old 02-26-2014, 07:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

The rears are saggy anyway over time, why anyone would shorten them even further is beyond me. I'm not necessarily against cutting a coil, but that's not the right spring to do it on IMO.

Quick Reply: SLP Spring issues