Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bleeding abs block

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bleeding abs block

I have searched it but methods vary. Most people suggest activating the abs module. Another is that the module opens at 5-10mph and you can use a motive bleeder on each corner while the rear end is the air. Also what is the best way to activate the abs.

I think a sticky on this topic would be very useful in the future.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Hard to sticky something when each person gives you a different answer. I found some dirt on the road and drove over it and hit the brakes a few times to activate my abs. Also went onto a dirt road and activated it on that. I however have still not got my pedal back.

I bought the motive bleeder, used that and did the old fashion way of bleeding. I read there is supposed to be a bleeder on the ABS block itself. But I couldnt find said bleeder. I read some reviews that the motive bleeder can push air into the MS and get into the lines. Well it would go to the ABS block then stick in there. You can see air in the line when you pump fluid through the motive bleeder.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Grass is the best way to activate ABS. As for my successful methods, bleed it, then do it again, then again......driving inbetween each time. Such a pain in the ***. I finally had my last straw and did an ABS delete and haven't looked back.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dezertrat37
I read there is supposed to be a bleeder on the ABS block itself. But I couldnt find said bleeder.
On my '96, it's somewhat hidden by the air inlet. Remove the air duct/air filter assembly from the MAF, and you should be able to see it.

Good idea about tripping the ABS on a grassy surface. I'll have to try it. I've had my car almost 19 years, and in all that driving, never hit the brakes hard enough to trip the ABS.....
Old 03-16-2014, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was able to activate it with the rear end up and then later on the street just from braking. Bleeding has helped a little but the pedal feel still sucks.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Not on LS cars.

Quick Reply: bleeding abs block