Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear shock selection help

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 05:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear shock selection help

I'm in need of a qa1 rebuild on my rear shocks for the second time and I'm curious what others are running for a street/ strip car. They only seem to last no more than 2 years before they start to leak and I have maybe 3k miles on em which I find very annoying. I am looking for something with accessible adjustability similar to the qa1. Thanks for the help in advance
Old 03-16-2014, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

Strange offers a set very similar to the QA1s.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:29 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula WS6
I'm in need of a qa1 rebuild on my rear shocks for the second time and I'm curious what others are running for a street/ strip car. They only seem to last no more than 2 years before they start to leak and I have maybe 3k miles on em which I find very annoying. I am looking for something with accessible adjustability similar to the qa1. Thanks for the help in advance
It is pretty well known that what you are experiencing is common issue.

The most popular shocks are the Afco, Strange, and now Viking has the best bang for the buck. These are all high quality, but the Viking shocks carry an industry best 2 year warranty.

Give us a call and we can go over the options for you and set you up with the best deal and guaranteed lowest prices.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula WS6
As far as the affordable drag shocks go I really prefer Strange or Viking over QA1 because they seem to hold up much better over time. We have customers that have 4-5 years and considerably more mileage on their shocks than you do that have never had an issue.

Afco is another option as long as it is within your budget.

If there is anything we can help you out with or if you have any tech questions just let us know.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses guys, I'll be calling shorly.

Quick Reply: Rear shock selection help