Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake upgrade with 17" FM5 wheels??? NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake upgrade with 17" FM5 wheels??? NEED HELP!

Hey all

Upgraded the wheels on my T/A to Fikses 3 piece FM5s. I'd like to upgrade the brakes on all four corners, but since the wheels are 3 piece, I'm I'm afraid I won't be able to. Can anyone running these wheels tell me if they have found a kit from willwood, baer, stoptech or any other brand (even CTS-V brakes) that will work?

Thanks in advance for any help. If you have brake info/templates I can call Fikse and speak with Alan to double check fitment.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I know quikZ28 on here has 17 inch Fikse's on his car with a 6 piston wilwood kit 13 inch rotors. He has to run spacers. Most aftermarket brake kits with a 13 inch rotor should fit with a spacer. The issue isn't caliper to wheel barrel clearance, it's caliper to spoke clearance with the FM5. Unless Fikse built the wheels for big brakes, you will probably have to run a small spacer to gain extra clearance from the wheel spokes. Also, upgrading the rear brakes on these cars is entirely unnecessary, and typically has more downsides than benefits. The rear brakes for these cars are too strong from the factory, upgrading just exacerbates that problem.

Quick Reply: Brake upgrade with 17" FM5 wheels??? NEED HELP!