Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear calipers option.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear calipers option.

Just getting ready to put on some ctsv front calipers I was wondering if anyone has put the ctsc rear calipers on the back of a f body camaro and can it be done. I tried searching but came up empty. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Conventional wisdom seems to be to leave the rear brakes stock so as not to introduce too much rear brake bias which can be problematic because our cars are front heavy (you want the front and the back to stop at the same time). If you put a big brake kit on the rear it throws off that balance.

Last edited by infinitebird; 04-08-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by infinitebird
Conventional wisdom seems to be to leave the rear brakes stock so as not to introduce too much rear brake bias which can be problematic because our cars are front heavy (you want the front and the back to stop at the same time). If you put a big brake kit on the rear it throws off that balance.
This is true, but can be overcome with a proportioning valve in the system. The other main issue that comes up all the time is that the rear end in our cars has a c-clip axle, which means the axle floats in/out a little bit... there has been comments made about this possibly causing issues with the functionality of the caliper.

Quick Reply: Rear calipers option.