Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Camber Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber Issue

I had my car aligned at Firestone and they said my adjustments were maxed out. (My car was lowered when I bought it.) Left front camber is at -0.3 which im fine with, but the right front is at -1.0. I wanna get this fixed so my tires will wear evenly. My question is will this kit fix my problem?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/po...0017/overview/

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:37 PM

Anyone had this issue before?
Old 04-28-2014, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

How far is it lowered?
Old 04-29-2014, 09:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

No, that setup will not affect your camber at all. Steering components only affect toe angle. First off, I am hoping that the shop knows how camber is adjusted on an f-body. There seems to be an alarming number of shops that think it is not possible. If they do know how to adjust it, and have attempted to do so, look at your control arm bushings and make sure they are not worn out and collapsed. If all looks well, look at the position of the lower control arm bolts. If they are "maxed out" as they claim, the lower control arm bolt will be pulled as far to the outer edge of the slot. If not, then you still have adjustment left. If you aren't sure what to look for, post a picture of the lower control arm mounting area and I can tell you what is going on
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-29-2014, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

BMR put together a thread in the past that had a list of competant shops that can actually set your alignment to what you prefer. Hopefully there is one in your neck of the woods on that list. I provided one that is local to my area in MA.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:19 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
BMR put together a thread in the past that had a list of competant shops that can actually set your alignment to what you prefer. Hopefully there is one in your neck of the woods on that list. I provided one that is local to my area in MA.
Yep, the link to said thread is in my sig
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pictures of the adjustment bolts on both of your lower a-arms, so we can see their position, would be helpful. However, if the bolts are already as far INWARD as possible, and you want more positive camber, you need to break out your Dremel tool, and extend the length of the slots about 1/4".

Quick Reply: Camber Issue