Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Coil over advan/disadvantage

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Coil over advan/disadvantage

What r the differences,, im needing some new shocks,, I already have Eibach springs,, why would I want to go with coil over and will some work with my present springs. Please help,,
Old 05-15-2014, 08:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No you wouldn't be able to use your Eibach springs unfortunately the nice advantage to running coil-overs is that you can control your ride height and run a specific spring rate. Give us a call if you have any questions.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well the front of the F-body is already a coil over shock, the rear is not, and was not designed for it.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Well the front of the F-body is already a coil over shock, the rear is not, and was not designed for it.
in general you should just assume when someone says "coil over" in a thread like this they are referring to ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT coil overs.

Of which there are a few to choose from now and they even have kits to convert the rear to an adjustable coil over. The benefits is being able to fine tune your stance and choose your spring rate (when buying), the down side is being stuck with whatever shock the kit was designed with and not being able to run Koni's or your preferred brand of shocks or any of the typical lowering springs as special springs are needed that work with the coil-over system and the cost tends to be fairly high.

Quick Reply: Coil over advan/disadvantage