Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

PST Sway bars- anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PST Sway bars- anyone?

I've had a set on my T/A since 1999. Who else has them installed?

I'm about to start refreshing some of the suspension and not sure if I want to hang onto them or look into something different. I have the 1 1/4 front and 1" rear.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Not big enough front, too big a rear in general IMO. I run 1-3/8" front, 7/8" rear (sometimes adjustable).

Your stock front bar was 1-1/4" to start with, and the rear bar @ 1" is a bit too much for the larger front bars, let alone for your smaller one. The rear is much lighter than the front and has no camber loss to roll, you only want/need it to be only as stiff as you need for good balance. Anything else is just taking rear grip away.

In fact if you stay with that front bar, I'd suggest you put a stock 19mm rear bar on it instead (even if your car is a '93 1LE which had a 21mm rear bar).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Not big enough front, too big a rear in general IMO. I run 1-3/8" front, 7/8" rear (sometimes adjustable).

Your stock front bar was 1-1/4" to start with, and the rear bar @ 1" is a bit too much for the larger front bars, let alone for your smaller one. The rear is much lighter than the front and has no camber loss to roll, you only want/need it to be only as stiff as you need for good balance. Anything else is just taking rear grip away.

In fact if you stay with that front bar, I'd suggest you put a stock 19mm rear bar on it instead (even if your car is a '93 1LE which had a 21mm rear bar).
Thanks for the heads up on the size differentials, I didn't know that. I never measured the size of the bars that came off the car way back then but have no intention of using OEM sized bars on it.

I think I'll switch to the same size as your up front and a non-adj rear S-bar.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Now there is an urgency with this project, I removed the rear bar last night to inspect it and sure enough its bent. Sam, I'll want to purchase a new set asap and am considering your hollow bars. I do have a few questions first and looking forward to working with you.

Last edited by Heat Seeker WS6; 06-16-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Quick Reply: PST Sway bars- anyone?