Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Budget, Susp options

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Budget, Susp options

Hate to ask since yeah I've done all the mods to my 30th but I did them all at once and didn't do one at a time.

It is a cruiser that I love. Susp, is PHB, LCAs, BMR strut tower, BMR SFCs, and BMR sway bar.

So with a limited budget I'd like to know what direction I should go on my vert.

Stock shocks, stock cut springs, stock TQ arm, stock cut springs up front and stock shocks.

OK got just a few hundred in budget but want bang for budget.

For sure getting rear bilsteins, so question is do I get springs, TQ arm, or LCA relocation brackets?

I do have a TQ urethane bushing already in and I did swap in once my UMI TQ arm and loved the feel.

I am leaning to the TQ arm and the rear shocks and maybe relocate brackets. I wish I could do it all like I did before but finances are not as they used to be.

I know they are all important but it is what it is...
Old 09-03-2014, 10:43 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

For all around handling, performance and ride quality I would do springs and relocation brackets next. If your car is already lowered without relocation brackets, then your traction is suffering now. Those 2 things together will make the most noticeable difference for the money. I would definitely plan on doing Bilsteins either way. They are arguably the best all around shocks for a daily driven vehicle.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-03-2014, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks, I ordered the bilsteins this morning. Hmm really relocation brackets first? Traction not an issue for me since its rare to go above 4k or dump it at the line. I just remember what it felt to have the TQ arm in it and how nice the shifting felt.

I will take your advise.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im lowered with hotchkis springs and the biggest difference i felt was replacing the lower control arms. im still on stock relo brackets. With stock lca i was wheelhopping like crazy. after the lca, my wheel hop was nearly gone. im sure with relo brackets it be better. i was lucky enough to find my lower control arms at the junkyard off of a lt1 camaro, so i got them for 40 bucks
Old 09-04-2014, 10:16 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks, I have the LCAs already on the car, I bought the rear Bilsteins and reloc brackets yesterday. Not decided on springs or TQ arm. May do tq arm now and springs later since I need front bilsteins anyway. Just need to decide on spring brand.

Quick Reply: Budget, Susp options