Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adj. Panhard rod, adj. question....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Adj. Panhard rod, adj. question....

I finally got my Hotchkis Rear LCA's and adj panhard rod after being backordered for 3 weeks! Now i'm ready to get rid of the wheel hop. The directions say to only make the length of the new panhard rod the same as the stock one when i take it out. Is this correct? My car has been lowered about an inch to an inch and a half. I thought thats maybe why i needed an adjustable. So making it the same length defeats the purpose right? If so, a couple guys i asked already said just adj. it till the rear looks square, i'm not quite grasping what exactly a square rear will look like. When i take off the stock rod, is the rear going to become un-square just by sitting there? Any input helpful, thanks all.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:44 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your car is lowered, then the rod will need to be SHORTER than the stocker to re-center the rear in the car. If you measure from the outside edge of the wheel well to the wheel on each side, you'll notice that the rear is shifted over to the drivers side of the car now since you lowered it. Shortening the rod some will bring it back over to the pass. side.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1fastWS6
If your car is lowered, then the rod will need to be SHORTER than the stocker to re-center the rear in the car. If you measure from the outside edge of the wheel well to the wheel on each side, you'll notice that the rear is shifted over to the drivers side of the car now since you lowered it. Shortening the rod some will bring it back over to the pass. side.
OHHHH! I think i see now, so outside of the wheel well to the outside of the wheel?? I guess it will come together when i am lookin at it, but the next question that shortening it comes to mind is, if i shorten it, how am i gonna re-connect both sides??
Old 05-25-2004, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a BMR but it might help some, http://www.bmrfabrication.com/instructions/phr002.htm .

Al
Old 05-25-2004, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53
This is a BMR but it might help some, http://www.bmrfabrication.com/instructions/phr002.htm .

Al
Yea that clearifies it perfectly thanks!