Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension guys.. need your help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension guys.. need your help.

I'm finaly gonna start with some serious mods. I'll be going with a Heads and cam package in the next 2 months, so i want to be able to get all of this stuff to the ground. The car is an 01 SLP Firehawk M6. It came with a handeling suspension package from bilstien from the factory, but i want more. I heard about some drag racing shocks that take around 90 pounds to lift the front shocks, and like 200 pounds to press them back down. You guys know what I'm talking about? I saw a Camaro going down the strip that launched like it was gonna run low 11's, then when it shifted into second it jumped hard again but it only busted off like a 12.70 or so. Just wondering more about those shocks. How much can i get some for (front and diffrent settings for the rear of course) what company makes them.. and how would they be on the street? My car will be a garage queen so it wont see road time but maybe 2-3 times a week IF THAT. Thanks guys for the help

Brandon
Old 05-28-2004, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ohmyneck
...how would they be on the street?
They are not for the street. First time you try to take a turn you'll understand why.

They obviously aren't that helpful since that camaro you mentioned only ran a 12.70 which isn't far from what these cars will do right off the showroom floor.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by technical
They are not for the street. First time you try to take a turn you'll understand why.

They obviously aren't that helpful since that camaro you mentioned only ran a 12.70 which isn't far from what these cars will do right off the showroom floor.
12.70's with minor bolt on's is damn good around here. We are 1,100 feet above sea level, and most stock trans am's and camaros run HIGH 13's if that. I know driver has alot to do with it, but it just looked so insane. What about adjustable shocks? Could i buy a set of those and change setting when i head out to the strip?
Old 05-28-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

I still don't think they'll adjust to the point of "non-insane" proportions.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

90/10 shocks are for drag racing only. you want some adjustable shocks like HAL's. Although, I'd do some research because the rear HAL's suck IMO.

Hope you have a good clutch and 12-bolt to go with that combo too.