Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wilwood Rear Brake Kit with Moser 12-bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Default Wilwood Rear Brake Kit with Moser 12-bolt?

Does anyone know if the fixed calipers of the Wilwood (PN 140-9830-DR) rear brake kit with the Superlite 4-piston calipers will work on a c-clip elminator axle like the Moser 12-bolt?

I thought you couldn't run a c-clip rearend (like the stock 10-bolt) and fixed calipers, so I don't know how the Wilwood is setup if it works with the stock rearend and whether that configuration messes with something like the Moser?

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:30 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

I know the Dynalite and Dynapro fit... they come with their own backing plates and are offered through Moser.

My question is with the 13" kit with the Superlite 4R brakes. If I use the stock backing plates, it looks like this would work fine?
Old 05-27-2015, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I have been told, if you're going to run fixed calipers you need a c clip eliminator axle. You can reuse stock brakes with such an axle as well as the stock axle, so get the rear and then upgrade brakes later. You can run a fixed caliper with the stock 10 bolt but something about rotors sliding around and banging against the axle and causing you to **** yourself was mentioned, so I wouldn't do it.

As for the brake hats or shoes or whatever they're called, I want to know the same thing myself because I want to do big rear brakes eventually.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeyofblades
From what I have been told, if you're going to run fixed calipers you need a c clip eliminator axle. You can reuse stock brakes with such an axle as well as the stock axle, so get the rear and then upgrade brakes later. You can run a fixed caliper with the stock 10 bolt but something about rotors sliding around and banging against the axle and causing you to **** yourself was mentioned, so I wouldn't do it.

As for the brake hats or shoes or whatever they're called, I want to know the same thing myself because I want to do big rear brakes eventually.
Google search "brake pad knock back" to get an idea of the issue you would be dealing with, when running fixed calipers and c-clip retained axles.

Quick Reply: Wilwood Rear Brake Kit with Moser 12-bolt?