Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

different oem front LCAs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default different oem front LCAs?

I was looking through the oem suspension parts on sdparts.com, looking for bushings. I saw there are 2 different front LCAs listed, "w/o race prep pgk, std ride and hndling", and "w/ race prep pkg". The standard one price is $135 more than the race prep one. What option cars had the race prep pkg, and what is it (and why lower price)?

As far as oem LCA bushings go, it appears they don't make them anymore, is that right?
Old 12-14-2015, 02:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't know that ANYONE offered NEW OEM/stock front LCAs for our cars AT ALL anymore.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Bushings are available all over, they will probably be moog or something not oem.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I didn't know that ANYONE offered NEW OEM/stock front LCAs for our cars AT ALL anymore.
RockAuto has them
Old 12-15-2015, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Bushings are available all over, they will probably be moog or something not oem.
The moog bushings and every other one I can find are the same as the 1LE bushings, not the oem standard bushings which have a star shape. I'm looking for the standard ones.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by patSS/00
I'm looking for the standard ones.
...why?

The only advantage of the standard bushings are a little better cushioning because the bushing can "give" more with the open design of the fluted bushing. The solid bushing tightens up the LCAs while still allowing the articulation it needs. Plus it should cure a little bit of axle hop because the solid design doesn't have quite the amount of wind-up as the standard design does. Food for thought.

I don't know if they make that bushing anymore but you can always buy a used LCA with those bushings installed in the arms

Edit* ^ Those are for the rear lower control arms, my bad. Front lower control arms should be the same whether it be for a lt1, ls1, v8, or v6 as far as I know

Last edited by Corvett z07; 12-15-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Majestic9C1
RockAuto has them
Unfortunately they are loaded with not so great bushings.

Just get a second pair of used ones, clean them up and load them with moog bushings and call it a day.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by patSS/00
I was looking through the oem suspension parts on sdparts.com, looking for bushings. I saw there are 2 different front LCAs listed, "w/o race prep pgk, std ride and hndling", and "w/ race prep pkg". The standard one price is $135 more than the race prep one. What option cars had the race prep pkg, and what is it (and why lower price)?

As far as oem LCA bushings go, it appears they don't make them anymore, is that right?
As far as I know, yes, there were two different LCA bushings used by GM, on the F-body cars. One bushing was a "regular" durometer bushing, and the other was a harder durometer that was used on the cars that had the "1LE" option. The 1LE option was the "factory race car" set-up.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
As far as I know, yes, there were two different LCA bushings used by GM, on the F-body cars. One bushing was a "regular" durometer bushing, and the other was a harder durometer that was used on the cars that had the "1LE" option. The 1LE option was the "factory race car" set-up.
Ahh. Learn something new everyday!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Yeah it was just puzzling that the "race" version to buy the whole control arm is priced so much lower than the standard version, if the difference is just the bushings.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackandgold
Unfortunately they are loaded with not so great bushings.

Just get a second pair of used ones, clean them up and load them with moog bushings and call it a day.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, but IF they are Dorman, I would stay 1000 miles away from them anyway.

The problem is FINDING a decent, not TOTALLY rusted out, straight set in my area.

Oh well, looks like Hawks Third Gen yet again.

Quick Reply: different oem front LCAs?