Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help with suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with suspension setup

looking for a setup to start with. I currently have strange single adjustable coil overs in the front 300# spring. Welded in sub frame connectors ,Torque arm relocation, adjustable torque arm, adjustable panhard, fixed tubular control arms, relocation brackets, strange single adjustable rear shocks, cut stock spring. I have 16" et streets for the track and nitto invo for the street

I have a stage 3 permabuilt 4l60e with a Precision Vigilante 3400 stall and strange 12 bolt rear end. 150hp plate kit, and the rest of bolt on you can have.

I would love to set it up to have a killer 60ft but still be able to drive it comfortable on the street.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Similar setup to mine. I found that I can't run the fronts full loose, it would get a little squirrelly on the big end so I run one click from loose for the track. For the street I ran them full tight. If the roads around you are pretty flat you could loosen it up a bit but it'll be personal preference.

On the rear I just switched to the strange single adjustable with BMR springs. I haven't ran it at the track yet. For street use I run the middle setting. I used to run stock springs with comp 3 ways set at 50/50. Best 60 on motor was a 1.48 last season and 1.51 this year. I'll let you know if the strange shocks helped and how I set them if the rain hold off Sunday.

Rear control arms are set in the middle hole and pinion angle is at -2*. Depends on how low the rear is but I asked the same question recently and was told as long as the control arms are running downhill from front to back you should be fine. I have no complaints on the street.

I'm in the testing stage with mine so if I find anything that works better I'll pass it on.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:35 AM
Staging Lane

i would be so happy if i can cut a 1.5. thanks and good luck sunday.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:16 AM
10 Second Club

Just boltons and spray? I would think you could.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

IM hoping ive never been able to spray out if the hole...but now that i have all of my suspension done
Old 05-13-2016, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

So I really didn't get to mess with the settings Sunday. We went two time runs and straight to a gamblers race. I will say that with the strange/BMR setup on the back, the car left very level and consistent. 1.54 on motor and I go one nitrous pass after I went out going 1.52 on a rich 100shot.

When I was running stock springs and comp 3 ways it would pull the front 6 inches or so and went 1.52-1.53 on motor. It's too little a difference for me to say that it wasn't track prep, weather, tire pressure, weight difference, etc. So for now the settings I listed earlier should be just as good as what I had and a good starting point to work from. Try those and see what your car likes. You may need different settings on the rear shocks since the BMR springs are a little stiffer than your stockers.

Quick Reply: help with suspension setup