Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anybody using the UMI Roto Joint Ends

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Anybody using the UMI Roto Joint Ends

Was on UMI and saw that they have a new rod end and was wondering if anybody is using their roto joint ends yet? Do they really make a difference over the old style rod ends and how long do they last?
Old 07-17-2016, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Roto Joints on my Panhard Bar. I have had no issues with them so far. I have not noticed any increase in NVH. I have never had a part that used a rod end so I cannot compare to that. But I can say that the Roto Joint is a pretty comfortable ride, at least on the PHB.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the UMI roto-joint LCAs. As for "NVH" -- I have no additional vibration or harshness coming from them and only the occasional noise (clunking) back there. I don't hear much of anything when they're tight.

I was hesitant to touch the LCAs on a road course car because I didn't want to run into binding issues and it seemed all of the options that were road course friendly would be a ride quality/creature comfort sacrifice on a street car. Finally bit the bullet -- love the immediate improvement in traction and was pleasantly surprised to find very little noise. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

Last edited by Midnight02; 07-18-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You should be able to get a lot of comments (hopefully good), we have been making them for around 6 years or so now. They are great compromise between polyurethane and a rod end.

Looking forward to seeing more comments.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm running roto-joints on my front LCAs. No complaints, but the rest of my car is all rod end and that doesn't bother me so I'm probably not a good point of reference.

Quick Reply: Anybody using the UMI Roto Joint Ends