Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension advice

Hello,

When I bought my 02 WS6 two years ago I was planning on doing auto X. Because of that I bought Koni yellow single adjustable all around with 1" hotchkis drop springs. I also have the Strano front and rear hollow sway bars. It looks like I'm scrapping the auto x set up as I will not be going that route.

It will be a mostly street car with occasional drag strip visits( 2-3 per year). Anyone have advice for a set that's good on street and strip? Should I remove the front sway bar?

Thanks
Old 07-19-2016, 08:40 PM
Teching In

I'll eventually be upgrading my 00 WS6 street car to about the same set up you have. Konis with strano bars but different springs. I wouldn't change anything but it's a matter of personal preference on how you want your vehicle to ride.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Setup is still good all around. Are you looking for something more drag oriented?
Old 07-19-2016, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Yes something more drag oriented but because it won't be exclusively a drag car, mostly my weekend driver I still want a decent ride on the street.

Those who have Koni single adjustables what setting do you have them at? Maybe I should try that first before swapping the whole thing. Don't get me wrong compared to stock the Konis did an amazing job. It definitely feels tighter. I have 4 sweeps from soft on front and full soft on back.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you wont be visiting the dragstrip every weekend I would stay with the setup you have. If you don't already have them, you could add lower control arm relocation brackets and when you were going to the dragstrip drop the control arms down a bolthole. You also could add a tubular torque arm.

As far as the settings on Koni's with Hotchkis springs... I found for the front I prefer 2-4 sweeps from full "soft". In the rear 1-2 sweeps from full "soft".
What people always forget is the adjustment on Koni is for rebound only. So when you are "stiffening" them up all you are doing is slowing the rate at which the shock can extend.

Last edited by SuperSport01; 07-20-2016 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Sounds like a great setup already (I AX a lot and have Strano/Koni). But if you want a "nicer" ride, you could go back to stock springs but keep the shocks for sure! I had stock springs for a long time and it was just a bit softer than the lowering spring/Strano spring setup, but still handled darn good.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Chris I'll give that a try thanks

Quick Reply: Suspension advice