Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano spring question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano spring question

I pick up a set of Strano springs and KYB AGX shocks for trade on a UMI k-member. The question is; Can I loosen the lcas then retorque or buy new adjustable lcas. Is there any other angle adjustments other than an alignment? thanks.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:44 PM
Teching In

I forgot to add that I have a adjustable panrod.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much will the new springs change your ride height from your previous springs?

There should be no need to replace your control arms if you are changing springs and shocks. With your adjustable panhard bar you should be able to re center your rear if needed.

Craig
Old 02-14-2017, 09:01 AM
Teching In

I believe it's 1.25" from stock. The springs are used but no real miles on them. They look like new, same with the shocks. I have the stock suspension and it's done with 139k on the clock. I had the k-member to do a build, but when in a different direction. The k-member was high quality with excellent welds on it. Some people still take pride, good to see. I will buy again. Will the torque arm some into play? I'm replacing the front bushing with a poly?

Last edited by shady tree; 02-14-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by shady tree
I believe it's 1.25" from stock. The springs are used but no real miles on them. They look like new, same with the shocks. I have the stock suspension and it's done with 139k on the clock. I had the k-member to do a build, but when in a different direction. The k-member was high quality with excellent welds on it. Some people still take pride, good to see. I will buy again. Will the torque arm some into play? I'm replacing the front bushing with a poly?
Dont need an aftermarket torque arm for lowering unless you are getting vibrations from your pinion angle being off, in which you will need an adjustable one to fix that.
Also pass on the poly bushings especially in the vertical position bushing, it will bind and can cause the control arm to break, get replacement rubber bushings.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I was on the fence about the polys. My first f-body, don't know how it will react with different parts. So far this site has saved time and money, two things that are always in short supply.

Quick Reply: Strano spring question