Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Good Break Pads and Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Good Break Pads and Rotors

Hey, guys I'm kind of a newbie here, and I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. Anyway I got my 2000 m6 trans am about a month ago, and my front two rotors are warped. I want to get a pretty good pair of rotors, and also some break pads, prefferably ones that don't dust like crazy. If you guys can recommend some to me, and how much they cost, I would appreciate it. This car is a daily driver, so I don't need any top of the line stuff, but I like to really get on the car ocasionally. Also the back two rotors and break pads are fine, but should I change them too. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Satisfied with stock stopping power? Then I like (and have had on my car) OE GM replacement pads (previous) and Raybestos Quiet Stops (current) for low dust low noise pads. I washed the car Saturday, my front wheels still look clean.

On rotors, my Aimco's from Autozone haven't warped yet, and I installed them back in November.

I'd go ahead and do the rears too if you're having that warped rotor feeling and want to stamp it out in one fell swoop - I replaced the fronts, and I could no longer feel a shimmy in the steering wheel on braking, but a ton of shimmy an shake was still felt in the pedal and the whole car. Threw some OEM replacement pads and Aimco's on the rear a few weeks ago, and it's glass smooth now.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

No offense, but did you type "Brake" in your search or your misspelling? There should be a lot of search results for your question.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have iRotors and pads... they work very well. The pads dusted a lot when I first put them on, but now after a couple of weeks of driving the dusting is pretty much back to stock... which means very low amount of dust.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Search for brakes...not breaks...and you will get much better feedback.

Quick Reply: Need Good Break Pads and Rotors