Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension noobie

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default suspension noobie

i'm tryin to learn as much as i can about my car before i start modding it, and honestly i know nothing about suspension. i know this is one of the most crucial parts of a cars performance, so i was wondering if anyone knew of a site that explained what everything does and has pictures and stuff like that? i was about to go check out how stuff works, just cuz ive learned alot from that site, but i figured i would ask here first.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know of a good site for that, but there are several people on this board that are very knowledgeable, so just ask away, one or two questions at a time!

As far as moding the suspension, the most important thing is to decide what you want to accomplish before starting. You will be months and dollars ahead. For just normal driving around, there is no need to make any changes at all; GM does a good job of tuning the suspension for the daily driver. If you're racing, there are a lot of changes/impovements that can be made, but there are many different forms of racing, all with different requirements.