Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best way to measure and set ride height with QA1 shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best way to measure and set ride height with QA1 shocks?

I've been trying to adjust the front QA1 shocks' ride height. They are too low for me. The problem is, I do not have an accurate way of measuring the height while I am adjusting the shock. I was originally using ruler and going from the top of the **** to the bottom of the second (smaller) adjustment ring. I set both sides to about 6 and 5/8 inches using this method, but the results were crooked. I measured from the ground, across the center of the wheel, to the bottom edge of the wheel well and got 28" on driver side, with 27" on the passenger side. I each tire one at a time. Do I need to actually have both tires off the ground to get accurate results?

How do I get the ride height perfectly level? I have LT headers, so I want about 27.5" in the front, maybe even 28", since I live in the city where there are lots of curbs and bumpy roads. My rears seem to be 28" in both sides. What is the trick?
Old 07-27-2004, 03:07 AM
Restricted User

I took the wheels off, and counted threads ( a lot of them) and then put wheels on, lowered and checked.

BTW, I had mine too low and the AC Line was rubbing on the Sway-bar, ruined the AC line, very bad thing.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I just lined up the stock shocks next to the QA1's, and set the lower spring seat at the exact same height as it was on the stockers. Seemed to work fine for me.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Like CAT3 said, check that A/C line after your adjustments. Same thing happened to mine, I now have no A/C or front sway bar. When adjusting mine I measured how much the coils where compressed. It seemed to work well, I have a level driveway and my fender gaps are with in a 1/16".

Quick Reply: Best way to measure and set ride height with QA1 shocks?