Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

street strip set up for me (did search) please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default street strip set up for me (did search) please help

Ok right now i have a bone stock 01 A4 camaro and am in the process of figuring out my combo and ordering EVERYTHING in a couple of weeks.

I will be adding FL headers, true duals, 4000 stall, 231/237 cam all little bolt-on's and a 100 shot , so I guess I am looking at low 11's high 10's.

this will be a 95% street car and will be on nittos for the 16" wheels then I will get BMR tubular subframe conn then what

I was thinking

spohn adjustable TA
BMR tubular control arms
BMR adj panhard bar

stock springs and shocks with front sway bar removed( I know hals would be better but it is a street car)

1 Is the adjustable torque arm all I need to adjust the pinion angle?

2 Is this overkill for low 11's?

so help me not waste my money for the goals I am setting for myself

thanks
Old 08-02-2004, 06:44 AM
TECH Resident

and also do I need an adjustable panhard or relocation brackets if I am not going to lower my car?
Old 08-02-2004, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mushroom281
and also do I need an adjustable panhard or relocation brackets if I am not going to lower my car?
The adjustable panhard bar is really only needed if you are lowering car, it is needed to center the rear end after lowering if it would happen to shift. It can also be used when running a wider tire for clearance, but youre set up would be fine with out it. In my opinion it is always good to have for the few extra dollars but that is up to you.

The relocation brackets seem to be excellent traction device for street/strip set ups. They were actually developed to gain lost control arm angle after lowering a vehicle. But have been found to work excellent on a stock height vehicle as well. They allow you to adjust the rear control arm angle, such as a lift bar set up is designed to do. I was extremely impressed with mine and recommend them.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

Your on the right track to getting the car to hook but I think for your set up some adjustable shocks are going to be key. I run Hals on my daily driver and they hold up just fine. I set the rears at 5 and the fronts (R series) at 4 and the car hooks good on the street and handling is ok (no front sway bar). If you plan on making this a nitrous car you might want to go with a lower stall (3600-3800). With the 4000 stal you will not be seeing the gains you should with a 100-150 shot. The PYE3600 is a great converter for N/A & nitrous, it's not cheap though. I've had great luck with my Midwest 3500.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

well I think I am going with the larger stall and no nitrous ,and just a cam and bolt on's . matt at TSP said their test car with the setup I want is already going hi 10's and I think that is plenty fast enough for what I want

Quick Reply: street strip set up for me (did search) please help