Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

OEM GM Pads / iRotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OEM GM Pads / iRotors

i will be purchasing a set of cross drilled / slotted rotors from iRotors and using oem pads for minimal squeaking and dusting.

question is: where is the best place to find the cheapest oem gm pads?

also, are the iRotors going to have any negative effects on braking performace as opposed to using rotors from autozone?

Thanks, any help is appreciated!
Old 08-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Default I like my irotors

Some will say that slotted and drilled rotors are purley for bling bling and are no better than the autozone blanks. I really can't say since I've only had the stock rotors and now the iRotors. I think they stop great and the price is right. Also, you don't have to go with the OEM pads to get low dusting. I have Raybestos cermaic pads, and I'm very happy with them. Very little dusting and I think they are cheaper than the GM pads. If you need the GM pads, maybe check with the dealer or google it.

Good luck!

Bob
Old 08-13-2004, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

thanks, i really like the look of the iRotors, especially for the price. They arent overpriced like other drilled/slotted ones.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:36 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

The OEM pads will work fine, but I would suggest the ones that iRotors sells. I've got them on two cars now and their pads are also very clean and don't leave much dust at all. Easier to buy a complete package at once
Old 08-15-2004, 10:33 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How about dealing with a little more dust while getting a lot better braking performance?
Old 08-16-2004, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
How about dealing with a little more dust while getting a lot better braking performance?
Not for me. I ran the Durastops pads and not only did they dust bad, but they pitted the inside of my chrome rims bad. More aggressive pads will also decrease rotor life, so it's a tradeoff you need to decide if you want or not.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:31 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll take the better stopping power and dust. Safety is more important than looks and worrying about rotor life

With that said, I am happy with my Hawk HPS pads. I use Power Slot rotors, but I think i'm going to go with Brembo OEM's next.

Quick Reply: OEM GM Pads / iRotors