Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Pads and rotors, now they feel warped???

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Pads and rotors, now they feel warped???

Alright, I feel like an idiot now asking all the weird questions, now that I have my brakes back, thanks Mitch, Trackbird.... I have more feel for my brakes. Now when I apply my brake pedal, my front and rear rotors feel like they are warped and pulsing, the car shakes back and forth and all over. Did a few mile drive, hitting the brakes to slow down a little, and then sometimes hitting them hard to help bed them in. they still feel the same way. I'm wondering what else I did wrong now?? Oh, and front drivers side wheel still squeeks on a turn, could be the abutment bracket being off center.....
Old 09-09-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hrmmm, I remember that when I did rotors and pads, they vibrated just a bit until I got through breaking them in, but I followed Hawk's procedures for that. I cycled them to hot with light to med. braking and then did about half a dozen 90-100% power stops. After I let them cool down from that heat cycle, they were fine. As far as the squeeking, did you check the torque on the calipers and the brackets and did you check to see if anything looked like it was making contact as it was rotating?