Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Real bad squeeking noise coming from front

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real bad squeeking noise coming from front

I have had some terrible squeeking noises coming from my front driver side of the car. When ever there is a change in elevation, the car makes a squeeking noise.

At first, it use to go away and come back. Than he came, and when I would drive during the rain, the noise would be gone for days, and than come back. I changed my front strut and it didnt solve the problem. When the car is parked, and go and push the fender down and up, it makes the squeeking noise. Its really really annoying. I was thinking it might be the front strut spring, but was told it couldnt be it.

Could it be the tower mount? I am begining to think it might be the control arm. But I dont think the control arm would make the noise when the car would be parked and I would bounce the side of the car.

Please someone help me, I am so stumped. The noise drives me crazy too, it sounds like a old rocking chair.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You didn't say what your car is. A dry and worn top or bot ball joint will do what you're saying.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
You didn't say what your car is. A dry and worn top or bot ball joint will do what you're saying.
sorry, car is a 99 z28. Do you know how much ball joints go for?
Old 11-19-2004, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Ok, I just changed by top and bottom ball joints. The squeeking went away for awhile and now its back. SO far, I have changed, the strut, and the ball joints.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry mate,you proberly need to get it up on a hoist and have a mechanic check everthing out.