Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni SA Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Koni SA Shocks

I was just wondering, for those of you with Koni SA shocks on all 4 corners, did you get the 4th gen on the front and 3rd gen on the back, or did you get 4th gen on both front and back. I think that it is offered both ways, but the 4th gen on all 4 costs like $100 more or something. Are the 3rd gen on the rear not externally adjustable? Can someone explain this and tell me which setup is better to go with? The reason I am going with these shocks is that I daily drive it, want a good ride, want decent handling, and want a decent shock for occasional drag racing (all the way loose). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of Koni DA's with about 10k miles on them that I would let go for somewhere around the price of a set of new SA's. It's alot nicer shock for far less money. They are in perfect condition. LMK if your interested. Thanks
Old 01-04-2005, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Yes, the 3rd gen rears have to be taken off of the car to be adjusted. If you are auto-x'ing aparently you wont be messing with the adjustments much. Most ppl put them on full stiff and leave them alone.

Kyle
Old 01-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ElkyRacer
Yes, the 3rd gen rears have to be taken off of the car to be adjusted. If you are auto-x'ing aparently you wont be messing with the adjustments much. Most ppl put them on full stiff and leave them alone.

Kyle
Where'd you hear that? Mine are set 2/3 stiff front, full soft rear. I autocross a whole lot. I know others who have them set different, but I know no one who sets all 4 to full stiff.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Im thinkin the fronts set on full stiff. I cant remember what was reccomended on the rears.

Kyle
Old 01-05-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive been thinking about getting those shocks. Does anyone know where i can get a good deal onthose online.
thanks
sorry to hijack!
Old 01-05-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only source I know of is stranoparts.com (get the phone number and call and talk to Sam Strano himself). I talked to him a while back and he convinced me that the Koni SA are the way to go in my case. But I'm not sure if I want to spend $100 more and get the 4th gen Koni's on all 4 corners. And by the way, does anyone know about the Koni warranty? What does this cover? How big of a deal is it if they need rebuilt (cost, time, etc.)? Thanks
Old 01-06-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TXAgZ28
Where'd you hear that? Mine are set 2/3 stiff front, full soft rear. I autocross a whole lot. I know others who have them set different, but I know no one who sets all 4 to full stiff.
I'm with you. I adjusted my rear SA's to 3/4 turn off soft for the track, and then I back it down to full soft for the ride home. If I don't, my fillings rattle over every bump in the road.

Last edited by ramairbrc; 01-26-2005 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Koni SA Shocks