Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

WTB Bilstein shocks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Bilstein shocks!

Hey guys, I noticed Strano has "revalved" Bilsteins but the WS6store has "valved" Bilsteins for much less then Strano.
Is there any real difference???
Old 10-22-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

I think the WS6 Store type is made by Bilstein. Strano's are custom done to your specs (or what he feels will best work with your set-up). Someone correct me if that's not accurate...
Old 10-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Launching!

well, it says they're made for SLP on the WS6store.......so I'm curious if there is much of a difference. I mean, I'm not going drag racing or anything......I just want shocks that will work for DMS springs and thats it! Nothin crazy.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

The SLP ones were made for the lowering springs offered on the firehawk. I keep hearing that bilstein revalves or konis are the best options when it comes to shocks with lowiering springs. I have konis and a prokit and I am very happy with it. Also you must have a crappy ride if you have the orange decarbon crap on there especially since you are lowered. Invest in a good set of shocks your car and kidneys will thank you. You will be happy the rest of the time you own the if you make the right decision now.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Revalves are very different than SLP shocks, which we also sell and they are a lot less than mine because they are production parts that aren't specific to any real job but SLP Level 1 springs with a good ride over handling. I sell a few Level 1 packages when folks want the things it give them. But it's not low enough for a lot, and certainly not the most crisp handling setup either.

Buyer beware is a rule that should always be used. The work "valving" doesn't make Item A the same as Item B.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Hey, thanks for chiming in! BTW I'm not lowered yet, I wouldnt use stock shocks on lowering springs!!!
I'll just give you guys a call at Strano!
Thanks!
Old 10-23-2006, 04:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

No problem..... While there are a lot of sponsors around, there are very few that acutally participate in discussions or answer questions. I understand that, it's hard, and I don't answer too many really in depth questions online, because it's hard to do. But I feel a presence is important so my customers and maybe potential customers know I'm around to help.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: WTB Bilstein shocks!